Vincent Jürgen Oord
I am a web guy with a strong focus on usability.
I was born on July 4th, 1983 in Amstelveen, The Netherlands.
I divide my time between Amsterdam, The Netherlands and Vienna, Austria.
2017 — present
Freelance Product Developer, veen.xyz
2015 — 2017
Co-founder & CTO, Cocoon B.V. (Amsterdam)
- Got selected for the Rockstart Web/Mobile Accelarator 2015 program
- Built web application, dashboard and API in Ruby on Rails
- Worked on mobile app and Dashboard using Ionic and AngularJS
- Responsible for product management, customer development
- Responsible for team of 2 developers
- Cocoon was acquired by Minescape
2013 — 2015
Director of Digitalization, Political Party D66 (The Hague)
- Responsible for managing various digital and online projects including CRM, a discussion platform (Discourse) and mobile apps for the party convention
- Built e-voting tool (Ruby on Rails)
Product Manager, Springest B.V. (Amsterdam)
- Responsible for product development of API and Springest Go
2010 — 2013
Web Developer, Springest B.V. (Amsterdam)
- Stack: Nginx, Ruby on Rails, Solr, HTML5 and jQuery
- Experience with setting up Unix web servers
- Co-responsible for migration from CakePHP to Ruby on Rails
2009 — 2010
Online Campaigner, Political Party D66 (The Hague)
- Development of campaigning apps and the official campaign website
Web Developer, Media Concepts B.V. (Amsterdam)
- Development of websites for various clients in proprietary CMS (PHP)
2007 — 2008
List Manager, ABN AMRO N.V. (Amsterdam)
- Responsible for querying the customer database for marketing purposes.
- Co-responsible for designing and implementing a standardisation project.
2005 — 2006
Web Developer, NVM Realworks B.V. (Amsterdam)
- Developed websites for real estate agents in Coldfusion
2001 — 2005
Various student jobs in data entry (Magnes, Result DDB) and caretaking (Thuiszorg Amsterdam)
2006 — 2007
MSc. Information Science, University of Amsterdam
2002 — 2006
BSc. Information Science, University of Amsterdam
2015 — present
Online communication trainer for IDI foundation
2015 — present
Teacher / mentor at the Development Bootcamp by Codaisseur and other Learn-to-Code events
2013 — present
Member rowing club K.A.R.Z.V. De Hoop Amsterdam
2012 — 2013
Participant Route66, Talent Programme of D66
Volunteer, Cross-Borders (Kathmandu/Bahrabise, Nepal)
- Taught English on two different schools and worked in a children's home
2003 — 2011
Member student rowing club A.A.S.R. Skøll Amsterdam
- Coach of freshman crew (2010) and senior lightweight men (2011)
- Three years of crew rowing (2005, 2006, 2007)
- Member of various organizing committees, e.g. Promotion and Koninklijke Holland Beker, the biggest international rowing regatta in The Netherlands.
I'm a native Dutch speaker. I'm fluent in English and I speak and understand German. Furthermore I have a basic understanding of French, Spanish and I try to speak and understand नेपाली and हिंदी.
In my spare time I like photography, rowing, cycling and politics.
I sometimes push code to GitHub.
I've also got a Dutch car and motorcycle license (A + B).
In 2008 I travelled for 7 months to Japan, India and Bhutan and did volunteering work in Nepal.
In 2009 a friend an I drove by car and motorcycle from Istanbul to Nepal.
In 2012 two friends and I volunteered for the Obama re-election campaign in Texas, North Carolina, Ohio and Illinois.
Together with some friends I organize the Webcrafters and Amsterdam Tech Runners meetups.
You can find me on twitter and LinkedIn, but I'd prefer if you would just send me an e-mail.
If you're more the calling type of person, you can book also book a 30-min call with me.